Ever wonder how major search engines such as Google, Bing and Yahoo rank your website within their searches? Or how content such as videos or local listings are shown and ranked based on what the search engine considers most relevant to users? Welcome to the world of Search Engine Optimization (SEO). This course is intended to give you a taste of SEO.
- You will be introduced to the foundational elements of how search engines work.
- To learn how the SEO landscape has changed and what you can expect in the future.
- To learn the core SEO strategies and tactics that are used to drive more organic search results to a specific website or set of websites.
- To learn the tactics to avoid to prevent penalization from search engines.
- To learn how to position yourself for a successful career in SEO should this subject prove interesting to you.
- Gain an understanding of search engine algorithms and how they affect organic search results and websites.
- Learn the key elements for creating an effective SEO strategy.
- Learn how to select keywords and perform keyword research.
- Learn how to select keywords based on consumer psychology and search behavior.
This course will teach you how to optimize website content for the best possible search engine ranking. You'll learn the theory behind Google search and other search engine algorithms; you'll also build practical, real-world skills that you can apply to a career in digital marketing or online content development, including on-page and off-page optimization, optimizing for local and international audiences, conducting search-focused website audits, and aligning SEO with overall business strategies.